Adaptive Business Group is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users alike in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We continually monitor and review our processes to ensure GDPR compliance across all of our business operations.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding information and how we will treat it. By visiting www.adaptivebusinessgroup.com or any of our affiliated sites or engaging with any members of our staff for the provision of recruitment services as a client or candidate and you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We will ensure that the information received from this website, or through any other of our offices or means of communication, is only used for purposes set out in this policy. We are committed to providing a safe and secure user experience.
We will process your personal data on the basis set out below based on our legitimate business interests as a provider of recruitment and staffing services.
What data do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site: www.adaptivebusinessgroup.com, any sister sites affiliated with Adaptive Globalization, Adaptive Digital or Adaptive Tech, by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a promotion or survey, during the course of any other activity commonly carried out on our site and when you report a problem with our site. We may also collect data made public by you on CV library and business networking platforms including but not limited to Monster, Reed, Totaljobs, LinkedIn or XING.
The information we collect may include (but not be limited to) your name, address, email address and phone number, personal description, job history, qualifications and photograph.
- We may collect information for marketing purposes and analysis; this could include information on how you would like to be contacted and how you respond to marketing campaigns – including via email, SMS, phone and social media.
- Any information provided to us via contact forms, profile submissions, is at your discretion – if you are in contact with Adaptive Business Group, we will keep record of the correspondence.
- Fields we may request include, but are not limited to, first name, last name, company name, job title, email address, contact number, job function, job level, current employment status.
- We may also store cookies, and not the yummy kind with chocolate chips.
Why do we collect your personal data, and how do we use it?
By registering with the website or engaging with any members of our staff for the provision of recruitment services it is understood that you are actively soliciting contact from prospective employers and recruiters about careers which match your professional fields of interest. We may therefore make your personal data available to our recruiters and third-party employers who use our website and recruitment services to find suitable employees for specific roles that they are seeking to fill.
Your personal information will be collected and handled by us for the following purposes:
- So that Adaptive Business Group and its subsidiaries can provide you with recruitment and job-matching services
- So that we are able to match potential job opportunities and resources according to your preferences
- To respond to any request or question you have when you have contacted us;
- To provide you with direct marketing communication, via email, to inform you about services/products/offers/jobs that may be of interest to you;
- To send you other information including Adaptive newsletters and potential upcoming events;
- To help us create tailored content relevant to you;
- To further develop and improve the Adaptive Business Group websites. You may be prompted for feedback whilst using the website;
- To answer questions you may have;
- To maintain our business relationship;
- To match your details with job vacancies, assisting us to find you a position suitable. We may send on information on your CV to clients;
- To fulfil contractual obligations with clients for the provision of recruitment and staffing services;
- Where you are registered as a candidate on our database in the UK, your personal information may be accessible by or transferred or duplicated to our offices globally wherever they are based (e.g. in Europe, and the Americas) to enable them to provide you with recruitment services and for the purposes of business development, systems development and testing;
- We may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for purposes not included in the above list
- The Adaptive Business Group websites may use recording services for analytical purposes; these can record mouse clicks, movements, page scrolling, user journeys and any text typed into website forms. This data is helpful for us to get a better idea of what our users are looking for, it is collected by us and stored to improve our usability. This is used for internal analytics reports and not shared with anyone else.
What does the law say about this?
Our use of your information as outlined above is in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as it is:
- Directly relevant for and in our interest in providing you with job-matching, recruitment and staffing services, and in line with the purposes set out above. Such interests in each case are not being overridden by your privacy interests;
- in some cases, it is necessary to meet our legal or regulatory responsibilities, such as disclosures to authorities, regulators or government bodies;
- in some cases, it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest and, when we use special categories of personal information, necessary for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims or where the processing relates to personal information manifestly in the public domain;
- in limited circumstances, processed with your consent which we obtain from you from time to time, such as when you opt-in to receive marketing communications and news, via email and other communication means.
Do you have to give us the personal information we ask for?
You are not under any obligation to provide your personal information to us when generally navigating our website, there will be cases where sessions are recorded so data will be stored in that sense. ABG is unable to fulfil specific requests for information or provide you with a tailored service unless you provide us with the necessary information.
How long do you keep my personal information for?
We will keep your information for as long as you wish to receive our communications and thereafter for the longer of the period required to meet our business, legal or regulatory responsibilities.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of the Adaptive Business Group Family, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers, clients and subcontractors for: (1) the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; or (2) the purpose of sourcing you employment or engagement with a 3rd party.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Adaptive Business Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We share our data with selected, trusted third parties, including software suppliers.
Where do we keep your personal data?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmissions at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we use a third party supplier, contractor or agent, your personal information remains under our control, and we have security systems in place to ensure your data is sufficiently protected.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised at any time.
We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up-to-date and will delete or amend any information that you think is inaccurate. Should you wish to delete your account please contact us via the online form. Amendments to your account can be made online by signing in to your account or by contacting us.
- We aim to provide you with useful recruitment and job-matching-related services for the whole of your career. However, you have the right to close your account at any time and have us delete all of your personal information unless we are in the process of responding to any complaint that you make.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.adaptivebusinessgroup.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Company Number: 05573285
VAT Number: GB872328218
Registered Address: 10 Lonsdale Gardens, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1NU
Country of Registration: England & Wales